Monday, October 6, 2008

Melqui

I don´t know where to even begin this time. I want to share with everyone so many wonderful things that have happened. I have to say before I start that anyone that can´t see the Lord´s hand in all of this work is blind. It was said in General Conference that even a child would understand the truth of the God Head from the scriptures about the baptism of the Savior than doctors of the scriptures. I have seen enough miracles to know that God doesn´t leave us alone. I get to be a part of so many that I can´t deny them. I have no doubt of the truth. Last week I got to do cambios with the elders in my piso. I went with Elder Castellon who is a new missionary. We did a lot of contacting in the streets. As we walked I saw someone across the street. He approached us and asked, ¨Where is the church?¨ We told him where and what time the meetings started. He told us that he is a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. His mom and family are members. He is from the Dominican Republic. He only has been in Leon for two months. He has a wife and a five year old daugther. He came to church last Sunday. He has a very friendly personality and gets along well with others. He lives in the other elders area. They visited him during the week. While at his house was just the start of the miracles. He took a hold of his phone and started to call everyone he knew. For only being in Leon for two months he sure does know a lot of people! He started talking to his friends on the phone and told them, ¨Hey look, I have two friends over. They are missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ. When can you set some time aside to meet with them?¨ Melqui even made sure to tell his friends that, ¨You better be there when you say you will. The have a lot of important work to do and they can´t afford to waste time.¨ His friends understood very clearly that if they say they can visit with the missionaries that they will be there. The elders ended up visiting many of his friends. Melqui was able to be present in all the visits. He is has not been able to find work for two months now. He told the elders that if he can´t find work he trusts in the Lord that all will be okay. He figures that the Lord wants him to be a part of His great work if he can´t find work. How much faith does that show! The elders had such a great week. They had so many visits and so many new people to teach. I take down the numbers of all the missionaries in the entire zone. They had numbers that probably haven´t been reached in Leon for years! It was all because of one member and the faith he has in his God. All his friends respect him with a respect many would like to have. His nickname is Melqui but many also know him as El Predicador! So much is happening in the Work of the Lord. I am so lucky to be a part of it. I pray that I may choose to always be a part of it as I have made that decision in my life already. We taught Jesus and everything went better than I could have imagined. I can´t wait to teach him again this week. I got to go to Gijon this week and see the Prophet of the World and the Apostles of God talk to all that live. What a blessing we all have to live in a day with living prophets and apostles called of God to serve us. We are not alone. I know we are guided by God through His servents the prophets down to local leaders of the Church. I feel like I could share endless stories with everyone. I have recently met people that believe in God. I have seen their beliefs turned into action(faith). I have then seen miracles being literally poured down from heaven from a loving God. I realize that I can´t share all I know to be true with everyone. I only get an hour on the computer once a week. What I am sure of is that everyone can have their own experiences for themselves. They can be a part of the family of God on this Earth! They can tell their own stories of miracles to others so that all may come to believe. I believe in miracles. I believe in a God. The God of us all. I believe in His Son Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost has born witness to me of this. No matter where I am in the world I love you all and think of you often. Elder Rodriguez