Monday, October 27, 2008

Now that we know, What do we do?

. . . {"We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10: 3-5.)"}
. . . There are only two possibilities. The Book of Mormon is either true or not. Once you find out for yourself that the Book is true you come to know three other facts . . .
. . . "Those who gain this divine witness from the Holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is his revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord’s kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah."
So what does one do when they know that the book is true? They have received an answer from God and He expects them to continue on so He may give unto them more knowledge. I know the book is true. I also know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's Church on the earth today for all to prepare for that great day. I am grateful to know these truths and so I show it by my actions. I continue to read the book. I continue to go to church every week. I continue to pray to my Heavenly Father. I show Him what He expects of me for the answer He has given me. Here is an example that helps me to understand. If the kitchen caught fire I could call the fire department to ask what to do. They would then give me the answer to put it out with water. I hang up the phone and have two options (1) I could have the answer and do nothing. That would result in the kitchen burning and probably the entire house. OR (2) I could use the answer given me and put out the fire. What does it serve us to know the answer if we are not willing to do anything with it?
I won't share with everyone everything I have read about the life of Jesus but I want to briefly explain one thing. As He walked the earth He casted out many devils and evil spirits out of people. Before He performed the miracles the devils had something to say each time. They testified of Him, "I know thee who thou art, the Holy One of God." (Mark 1:24,25; Luke 4:34,35)
And Jesus rebuked him, saying, "Hold thy peace, and come out of him."
In the New Testament in the Book of James we read, "Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble."
So in relating these instances of history I have to ask the question . . . What makes us different from the devils? They know of Jesus as the Christ as well as all the believers in the world. They have given their testimony. Have we even done this much? The things we do can differentiate us from them that tremble. Even as my friend, Jesús, has done. We taught him the plan of salvation or also know as the plan of happiness. It is the plan that God has shared with all his children and answers the questions like, Where do we come from? Why are we here? And Where are we going? And more. He believed without a doubt as he saw the plan come together. He said, "It is perfect!" We taught him from the Book of Mormon and the Holy Bible the plan God has for him and all the people in the world. Jesús, our friend, has showed his faith in the Book of Mormon by action. He came to Church on Sunday and absorbed every word spoken. He continues to read in the Book of Mormon. He continues to pray to God, his Heavenly Father. He has done things that now makes him different from the ones that just say, "I believe in God" " I believe in Jesus Christ" but stop there. He is not to be classified with the devils. His decision to pray about the Book of Mormon and receive an answer from God has blessed him to know those three things spoken of above. I feel blessed to be here in Spain. To be an instrument in the hands of my God and the God of all. To not only teach someone about The Book of Mormon but to help one to continue in his faith of the truth. Jesus Christ has said, "Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it."