Monday, September 29, 2008

Mi Escritura Favorita

My Favorite Scripture
For the longest time I never had a favorite scripture. Before I left for Spain I left my ward with this as my favorite scripture:
THE FIRST BOOK OF NEPHI
HIS REIGN AND MINISTRY 11:17
14 And it came to pass that I saw the heavens open; and an angel came down and stood before me; and he said unto me: Nephi, . . .
16 And he said unto me: Knowest thou the condescension of God?
And I said unto him: I know that he loveth his children; nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things.
I still love this scripture because it is so easy to apply it to my life. I too like Nephi don't know the meaning of all things but i do know that God does love me. Just this simple truth makes life that much easier. I don't have to know all things right at this moment. I already know that God loves all His children and we can be happy.
Then I continued to read, study, and ponder the scriptures and fell upon this one:
THE
DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS
OF THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER-DAY SAINTS SECTION 136:31
My people must be tried in all things, that they may be prepared to receive the glory that I have for them, even the glory of Zion; and he that will not bear chastisement is not worthy of my kingdom.
After I read this scripture and the words of the Lord my mind was opened! I know understand better my purpose in this world and the life my God has given me. I have since found many other scriptures that testify of the same thing in the Old Testament, New Testament, Book of Mormon, The Pearl of Great Price, and other places. What a blessing to know these words of the Lord. To know that He has glory awaiting for us. We must be worthy. We will be tried in all things. We might as well bear it and make sure we are worthy to receive what the Lords has for us. What a wonderful blessing we have and the way before us given to take. May we all help each other through this life that we may all find rest in the kingdom of God together.
With great love for the truth,
Elder Rodriguez
--------------------------------------------------------
Mi Escritura Favorita
Por todo mi vida no tenía una escritura favorita. Antes de salir para España dejé mi barrio con una escritura como mi favorita:
EL PRIMER LIBRO DE NEFI
SU REINADO Y MINISTERIO 11:17
14 Y ocurrió que vi abrirse los cielos; y un ángel descendió y se puso delante de mí, y me dijo: Nefi, . . .
16 Y me dijo: ¿Comprendes la condescendencia de Dios?
17 Y le respondí: Sé que ama a sus hijos; sin embargo, no sé el significado de todas las cosas.
Todavía me encanta esta escritura porque es fácil a aplicarla a mi vida. Como Nefi yo también no sé el significado de todas las cosas pero sé que Dios me ama. Esta verdad hace la vida más fácil para nosotros. No tengo que saber todo ahora mismo. Ya sé que Dios ama a todos sus hijos y podemos ser felices.
He continuado a leer, estudiar, y meditar las escrituras y encontró éste:
Doctrina y Convenios
SECCIÓN 136:31
31 Es preciso que los de mi pueblo sean probados en todas las cosas, a fin de que estén preparados para recibir la gloria que tengo para ellos, sí, la gloria de Sión; y el que no aguanta el castigo, no es digno de mi reino.
Después de leerla y las palabras del Señor la mente estaba abierta! Ahora yo entiendo el propósito mio en este mundo y la vida el Dios mio me ha dado mejor. Desde aquel día he encontrado más escrituras que testifican de lo mismo en el Antiguo Testamento, Nuevo Testamento, El Libro de Mormón, La Perla de Gran Precia, y en otras escrituras. Qué bendición es para saber estas palabras del Señor. Para Saber de la gloria que Él tiene para nosotros y que nos la espera. Debemos ser dignos. Seremos probados en todas las cosas. ¿Por quío no lo aguantamos para que sepamos que seremos dignos para recibir lo que el Señor tiene para nosotros? Qué bendición tenemos y la vía preparada para nosotros para tomarla. Espero que todos nosotros podamos ayudar uno a otro durante esta vida para que nos encontremos en el reino de Dios.
Con Amor por la verdad,
Elder Rodriguez