Monday, August 11, 2008

A visit back to Gijon

I had the opportunity to travel to Gijon for Cambios. I was with Elder Guynn for a couple days. It was interesting being back in the first area where I started. It was the same place but it felt different. It probably was because I could actually speak more of the language as we contacted people in the streets. It all started off in the afternoon on Tuesday. He had set up visits with a few people. He told me he had stopped by Catalina´s place and talked with her dad. Her dad told him to come back to visit them both. I was excited for the visit but in the end we didn´t get to visit them during my time in Gijon. We went to a visit with someone named Luis. We showed up and the people that lived there said he had moved. They said Luis told them that we would be coming by and for them to talk to us. We made plans and things changed. I am happy that Elder Guynn made so many great plans. We ended up meeting Victor and Reina. They were really nice people and we taught them God´s message about the Restoration. They really thought about the message as we were there. I found out yesterday (Sunday) as I called Elder Guynn that Victor and Reina went to church! After them we stopped by Douglas who has a desire to be baptized. I was happy to meet him and see the steps he has taken to follow the Savior Jesus Christ. He is reading through the Libro de Mormon and he is already in 2Nefi! Wednesday morning we went out on the streets with an amazing plan and talked to people for over three hours straight! We made plans so the Lord would know where we would be and could help us. We planned to talk to thirty-six people. We set up a visit with a girl in the street. Besides running into many peolple I remembered and they remembered me, I had a wonderful time doing the Lord´s work on Cambios. Here in Leon the capilla yesterday was full of members. They all participate so much it is incredible. This was just a few days of the past week I got to enjoy. I like to think that I understand and realize What a Blessing it is to Labor in the Lord´s Work.

Love,
Elder Rodriguez