Thursday, August 7, 2008

Picos de Europa

(I recieved this email and i thought everyone would like it. Pictures are coming soon!!)

Things are a bit crazy in the mission. In a few weeks my companion leaves and most of his group leave early for school. I think there are about ten in that group. Then more or less four come in mid transfer and then eleven more in a few weeks and so we are in need for trainers but everyone that is old in the mission is going home. I will most likely stay zone leader for a few transfers. It will be interesting to see where I go from there. Leon will take a while to get going. I sent you a dvd and have a copy already for myself of this one. I hope you all have a safe trip to El Paso and all. I had a great Monday. I went to a part of Picos de Europa, a National Park, and it was great to be at nature again. We went with a Priest that loves the missionaries. He spends the whole day with us and takes us places and feeds us and everything. He has seen practically every country in South and North America. He lived in Texas for nine years. He lived in Utah working for the church. He said he met three Prophets. One of which was David O. McKay. I took plenty of pictures with him and the things we saw. We will probably spend a few preparation days with him in my time here. He has a flag pole and flies the Spanish flag and then the flag of the visitors he has. So he had the U.S. flag going and then when he found out that I was from TX he went away for a while and then took us outside and there was the TEXAS flag flying with the other two. Well take care and I will keep doing all I can here. I love you all and loved the pictures of Enlai you all sent me. Elder Rodriguez