Monday, June 23, 2008

Sabboth Day Simple . . . If Fully Understood

Feliz Cumleanos Lily! Espero que tenga un beun dia. I didn´t realize that you also celebrated Father´s Day Mike! Happy Father´s Day. As I think about the Lord´s work more and more, I find it not so easy to think about all my family. I know I won´t ever forget my family but I do think of you all when I have time before I go to bed.
This week was filled with the Spirit. It is because of the promise we are already entitiled to by God. As we do what He wants and not what we want we will be happy and feel of the Spirit. My companion is right by my side in being as obedient as we can be. We saw our week fly by as we worked hard looking for people. We are always looking for people to teach. We taught together and it went great. We have gotten to know a woman named Rosario and she is not an investigator yet. We spent some time with her in a plaza getting to know her. She asked if she could come to church and she did. After she asked if there were more activities we had and so we hope to see her at noche de rama this Friday. We have plans to teach her the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. We have many waiting to be taught. We are learning patience by doing all we can and waiting till the Lord directs us to what we need to do next.
Celenia will be baptized this Saturday and I am excited for her. She is ready to make a promise with God to obey Him. She will be strengthed by the Rama of Bilbao as she learns what it means to be a member of Christ´s Church.
One thing I have realized when I had the opportunity to prepare to teach her about the Sabboth Day was what the commandment actually means. The scripture in Exoudus in the Old Testament says to Remember the Sabboth Day to keep it holy. So the commandment is to Remember it and Keep it Holy. So I thought what does it mean to keep it holy. Questions are always brought up what we can and can´t do on the Lord´s Day. We often have to choose for ourselves what to do because we feel like no one has the right answer. In the scriptures we also learn that God does not need to command us in EVERYTHING! We should be doing good on our own. We should realize that we shouldn´t wonder if it is okay to go boating on Sunday and say,´Well I am spending time with the family. What better thing can I being doing than be with my family?´There are so many other things like should we watch tv or go shopping on this special day? If we could just remember the day and what the commandment really is, then we won´t have to wonder if what we are doing is okay. It is as simple as to ask yourself, ´Is what I am doing making this day Holy?´Are my activities making this day the Lord has given us More Holy or not? I wish I knew this simple understanding of the commandment that makes us happy a long time ago. Now I don´t have to wish anymore but do what I know.