Monday, June 16, 2008

Are We Practicing Religion the Way Jesus Taught?

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!

I finally get to get back to work in my areas now that I have my new companion. Elder Bingham is great in so many way. He is humble, thoughtful, full of ideas, hard work ethics, polite, friendly, smart, dedicated, wants to improve in all aspects, and is open minded. We get along great and that means we are finding people and the work pushes foward. We only have worked together in our areas for a few days so far and we have found people to teach. We are making a difference in the lives of so many people in so many ways.
Many have believed in God for most of their life and practice in their own way. I like the way Javier put it, one of our investigators, when he used the word ´transmit´. He said that he didn´t know that God called Joseph Smith to be a Prophet. He understood that God is the same Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow or you can say Forever God will keep calling Prophets as He has done since the begining of the World. He was greatful that we dedicate our time to transmit this message to him. He knew that we were called of God to teach him or to transmit this knowledge of truths. He told us that he knows we aren´t obligating him to accept these truths but that he can choose for himself to accept it or not. Him and Maira have a cute little boy of one year and three months named, Alexander, and they have a cute four year old girl, Beyonce, who waits till they can have her come from Bolivia to come be united with them.
I explained to a spanish mom and her daughter who was already grown up that Jesus Died for both of them whether they choose to accpet it or not. If they accept the Atonement of Christ then they would do all they can to follow him or in other words, they would go to church, read the scriptures, pray, teach their children about God and the Savior, repent daily, fast often, and everything else the Bible teaches us what it means to actually accept the Savior and follow Him. To accept what Jesus did for each and everyone of us is more than just saying out loud that,´I believe in Jesus and God and the Holy Ghost´ ´I believe the scriptures and have faith´
Jesus taught us the way we practice our faith and the things we have to literally get up and do. So the next time I say I have faith in God and believe in the Savior and what He personally did for me, I´m going to think for just a bit more and think, ´Am I doing all I can to follow Him? Am I doing all I can that actually shows that I really do have faith and believe?´ Then the next time I tell someone I have a testimony and have faith, it will have new meaning and will have works to show my faith. This is my witness of the truth that all can know and choose for themselves. Elder Rodriguez.