Monday, June 9, 2008

For John´s Family

Since Elder Waldvogel left we have been in a trio. My companion Elder Batty and I and then Elder Hutchison. Elder Hutchison was the district leader but now got called to be Ayudante and Elder Batty will be my new district leader. Elder Batty will also be training! I revcieve my new companion, Elder Bingham, Wednesday. He is supposed to be a fantastic person. Everything for Dean´s Honor List for Florida State and his spanish is supposed to be superb for what I hear. I only have six weeks more than him in the mission. I can´t wait to make a huge impact in my area working with him
Well this is what has happened so far. Elder Batty will take over the other area and finish teaching Celenia till her Baptism the 28th of June. I will stay in Sestao and Barakaldo and keep working with all our investigators.
A few weeks ago John for Ireland came into the church. I made mention of him once. He is the one going through Europe with a sign laminated that says JESUS and has a Bible in his hand. All because of the words of the Savior that say take His Gospel to the whole world. As missionaries we are in so many parts of the world and keep looking for every soul to give the opportunity to know they have a Savior and the ones that already know of Jesus Christ, to get to know Him better. I had a long talk with John in the capilla and we talked about scriptures. We would bring up a scripture and I am so glad I studied and memorized some in English before the mission. I explained the Book of Mormon to him and commited him to pray about it and his replay was yes at first. Then without changing his answer he brought up a scriputer by saying, ¨In the book of Revelation. . . ¨ and that´s when I finished his sentence for him becuase I knew what he wanted to know. He brought up the scripture about not taking away from the Bible or adding to it. I am my amazing sister Christina to thank for me being prepared to explain him what it is talking about. He understood he´d get an answer if he prays to know the Book of Mormon is true only if he had real intention. Why would God give us an answer if we will not act on what He lets us know if true? So I testified to him that the book is of God and is true and that it doesn´t take away from the Bible and what Jesus taught but Testifies of Jesus and His teaching. It is another Testament of our Lord and Savior. I didn´t even have to assure John that he woundn´t have to worry about the plagues being brought upon him. I have faith he will pray to know the truth becuase he told me he knows the Bible is true because the Spirit testified to him of the truth. He told me that he didn´t know if he´d come back yesterday when I talked with him. He said he prayed to God to know where to go and ended up in front of our Church. He said he prayed again and asked God, ¨Do you want me to go into this church again?¨ I know I was suppose to be there to listen to him and talk to him. I actually had one extra cinnimon roll in the fridge and realize that when the Apostoles went out, Jesus told them not to worry about taking certain things with them because they would be blessed so I decided to give him the cinnimon roll and he wanted to split it with me so we ate half each of us an he went his way. I don´t know if I will see John again while I am here but I know he know has the opportunity to make the decision for himself of the truth he now knows.