Monday, December 1, 2008

¡Feliz Día de Acción de Gracias!

The weeks go by quickly. Elder Marín leaves tomorrow for one of the coldest cities in Spain, Burgos, and finishes his mission there. Elder Gallegos has about a week left till he goes home. He will stay a week longer to show the new branch president, Elder Chavez, how to do everything. I was in the CCM with Elder Chavez and have traveled to Oviedo to do cambios with him. I am excited to have him in the piso. Elder Cepeda, the newest of missionaries, will stay in the piso. I get my new companion on Wednesday. He had just served in the neighboring city before he left. So I had seen him every week for six weeks some three months ago or so. I got along with Elder Sorensen great and so we will see how much being companions will change all that. He is from San Diego and has a lot of energy and will be great to work with. I will be in León for the next six weeks. Then I might leave, if not I would only stay six weeks more. Jesús is doing great and we only need to teach him a couple of more times. We take it from there and see if he is ready and prepared to be baptized. The seach continues for more people to teach. Both missioanries and members can be a part of this great work. The work to prepare the way, the earth, and all people for the second coming of the Lord, Jesus Christ. We still have our duty to strengthen our faith in Christ, strengthen our families, and establish the Church were we live. I know as we do missionary work we will be able to do all other things that life requires of us. I too had a busy llife before the mission. I too will also have effective filled days after the mission. What big picture are we looking at? The one that is filled with so much we have to do and no time to do it all? or The one that is filled with all that we get to do and all the time the Lord, our God, has given us so we may be happy? I want to share something . . . my friends that read from the Book of Mormon with a purpose and go to Church every Sunday are the ones that progress. They are the ones that learn, are happy, and stress free. They are the ones that make the decision to be baptized. An example is my friend, Jesús. The ones that struggle to make the time to go to church every Sunday are the ones I work with. I help them understand the importance of meeting together frequently(Called Church) as the Savior did with His Apostles and the people. I have a question for all . . . how many hours in the week are there? . . . take the time to figure it out . . . some can do it in there head (not me) . . . while others can get there cell phone out and use the calculator to figure it out . . . So, how many hours are there in seven days? . . . we have one hundred and sixty-eight hours per week! That means that many hours to work, eat, sleep, study, and so much more. Here is my favorite part . . . The Lord only expects us to be at Church for three hours . . . Now I hope that you don´t have to use your cell phone :) but 168 hours minus 3 hours is 165 hours left. God gives us SO MUCH time to do all we need to do and all we want to do. All He expects of us is but a few hours each week. As I look at it this way, my whole Sunday has completely changed. Three hours at Church passes by so quickly that I can´t wait to go back the following Sunday. Go to Church and be happy and your world will be a better place. Of this I testify and know to be true, Elder Rodríguez