Monday, November 3, 2008

The Ways of God

(hey Mike, here is the everyone email. I know everyone will like it as I enjoyed writing it. I am lucky to be a part of such a work.)

Happy birthday for Dad and Ceci!!!!!!I have seen the hand of the Lord in His great work that is taking place in Spain! Shortly after arriving to León I found myself eating with two members. We were all having a great time laughing for the fact that I use a set of chopsticks to eat everthing! (Actually I am quite clumsy with a fork now!) The phone rang and it was a member informing us of his arrival in October. We asked where he was coming from and he said Japan! We couldn´t believe it. Well Yoshiya, from Osaka, finally made it a few weeks ago. I taught myself how to write friend in Japanese and he verified that it was correct. We found ourselves eating with the two members again and Yoshiya was invited. When I pulled out my choptsitcks his eyes lit up! He asked with with intensity if there was more pairs. I should have brought another set for him but I will give him a set to have. He helped me out testifying of chopsticks to all the others that pick on me sometimes. He said, ¨Chopsticks are easier than a fork¨ Toma! I am grateful for his comments that backed me up.Luci is a beautiful little girl of the rama. Her family is a great family. She will turn eight years of age this Thursday. She has decided to be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I say she has decided specificaly because she has. Here is the story. Her dad wanted to take her to another city to be baptized. She told him, ¨I want to be baptized in León.¨ And so she will. An eight year old that knows bewteeen right and wrong has chosen to follow the Savior into the water of baptism.Jesús came to church and stayed for all three hours. On Wednesday we had a great visit with him. We talked about baptism and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. He had questions that we anwered. My companion stated with a few sentences of the importance of being baptized by someone with the authority of God. He mentioned that the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored once again on the earth like times of old. We are privilaged to be able to have worthy priesthood holders to be baptized by water and the Holy Ghost. Without thinking about what I was going to say I asked Jesùs, our friend, a question. ¨Jesùs¨ I said, ¨Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and prepare yourself to be baptized?¨ The Lord filled my mouth with the words I needed to speak in that very moment and the words our friend needed to hear. He said with animo, ¨Yes.¨and just smiled as he felt the Spirit testify that he made the right decision. He said he´d come to Luci´s baptism. A blessing it will be to see a baptism and to see Luci receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. We told him we will prepare him to be baptized. After the visit I quickly remembered to say a prayer and thank my God for giving me the words I needed in Spanish. When we got home and thanked Him again for the strength He gave me in that very moment.The ways of God are unmistakable. As we are obedient to His commandments and do His will we see Him in our life all around us. My relationship with my Heavenly Father has grown tremendously. My appreciation for the Savior, Jesus The Christ has been shown by works. I stive to have the companionshiop of the Holy Ghost as I walk this life. All are invited to partake of this Gospel of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and be happy. Of this I know to be true, Elder Rodriguez