Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother´s Day Call

The week was great! We keep finding more people and are just trying to set up visits to teach people. We had contacted a lady from Paraguay over two weeks ago and she actually ended up calling us. We gave her a pass along card with our number on it and she called us wanting to meet. I was almost about to give up handing out so many cards to people that had little or no time on the street to talk much till she called. One out of many is worth it. We enede up meeting Mirian and she even called another friend that is from Paraguay too, Sonia. We met them in a plaza and got to know them. Mirian was actually working and she was with her boss taking a walk. More than likely we will end up having to teach them in a plaza but I will continue to find more people and do what I came here to do.
The phone call yesterday was amazing! Being able to talk and hear your voices was a blessing. Then to share my testimony and we all feel the Spirit at the same time even though being thousands of miles away was incredible!
We had met a spanish family a while ago and we stopped by their house. Noemi and her kids live a hard but normal life that most of us know well. It didn´t seem like we were going to get a return visit but we left with a prayer and I know that since we knocked on her door and now, there will be a difference in their lives and now they know that missionaries are here in the northen part of Spain to testify to all of Jesus Christ.
I have pictures coming soon and hope you all like them. I am learing what it means to be SET APART and hope to share with all what I learn and what I´ll continue to learn about the deeper meaning of it all. Love, Elder Rodriguez.